Provided by the Social Security Administration:
Ten years ago this May, we launched my Social Security. It started with letting people see future benefit estimates or current benefits. Over the decade, we’ve added and upgraded features to turn my Social Security into a powerful suite of online services that make your clients’ lives easier when doing business with us online.
More than 69 million people have signed up and benefited firsthand from the many secure and convenient self-service options. And they’ve used their account more than 1.1 billion times to get what they need quickly and securely without needing to speak with a representative by phone or in an office.
A my Social Security account provides personalized tools for everyone, whether your clients receive benefits or not. Those not currently receiving benefits can:
• Estimate their future benefits and compare different dates or ages to begin receiving benefits.
• Get instant status of their Social Security application.
• Review their work history.
• Request a replacement Social Security card (in most states). And if your client can’t request a card online, now they can begin the application online and save time visiting an office.
Those receiving benefits can use a personal my Social Security account to:
• Get their instant benefit verification or proof of income letter for Social Security, Medicare, and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
• Check their information and benefit amount.
• Start or change their direct deposit.
• Change their address and telephone number.
• Request a replacement Medicare card.
• Get an instant Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099) or SSA-1042S.
• Report their wages if they work and receive disability benefits and SSI.
Please encourage your friends, family, and clients to visit our my Social Security webpage and securely create their account today!
Jeffrey Buckner Associate Commissioner Office of Strategic and Digital Communications (T) 410-965-1804 @SSAOutreach